Electronic Document Management: The Benefits!http://gdmxerox.ca/en/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/doc_mgmt_2.jpg 698 262 admin admin http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/a694ec74924b8e48c700b83f25406915?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Today, more and more companies are turning to digital document management and process automation to control costs and better manage increasing amounts of information. With greater regulations and more compliance issues along with due dates, reports, and audits, managing paper information is more challenging than ever. Companies are often facing the challenge of managing more information with fewer employees. That can mean more lost documents, more employee time spent on meeting compliance needs and bottlenecks. It’s becoming the new normal.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Document management software and business process automation addresses these issues. Here are some of the benefits of deploying a digital document management solution!
- Document Availability – When paper is transitioned to digital format, access is guaranteed 24/7. Documents can be easily searched, quickly recovered and less likely to be misfiled.
- Manage Re-Certification and Track Due Dates – With date tracking abilities, you’ll never miss another due date. Re-certifications can happen automatically with no spread sheets or paper files.
- Eliminate Redundancy – With a digital document management system, workflows and document management integrate seamlessly into existing software. That means no more duplicate entries, eliminating redundant data entry.
- Reliable Document Routing and Tracking – Documents can be automatically set-up to go through a pre-planned approval process. Notifications can be sent automatically to the appropriate party when they need to take action. Document edits and updates can be automatically tracked with version control.
- Better Organization – Keep tasks organized and in-view. Nothing drops off the radar. Because notifications are automatically delivered via email or pop-ups, you’ll eliminate the need for post-it-notes, whiteboards and the effects of memory lapses.
- Keep the Audit Process Stress Free – When compliance is an issue, record keeping takes on greater importance. When documents can be viewed, tracked and accessible 24/7 information is easier to compile and due dates are manageable. Audits become easier and more efficient.
- Grow Your Business While Reducing Your Costs – Reducing human error, improving communication, and automating processes can improve productivity, reduce lost time, and cut costs. It also means better customer service.
The fact is, managing documents digitally and automating processes means easier access and management of documents when you need it the most. With benefits like these, switching to a digital document management solution is a smart business decision! Contact us today to learn more!